Senior Engineering Professional with unique background specializing in balancing engineering and information systems applications to meet business objectives. Supportive, approachable leader adept at optimizing and motivating teams. Thoughtful approach to problem solving to ensure thorough, accurate solutions. Excellent skills in:
- Six Sigma - Black Belt
- Leadership Trainer
- Management Information Systems
- Continuous Improvement / Lean
- Strategic planning / Change management
- PMI - Project Management principles
Relevant Experience and Accomplishments
BOMBARDIER/LEARJET, Wichita, KS (1996 – 2009) - Senior Engineer
Project Leader / IT Business Relationship Manager
- Developed and led Engineering department Continuous Improvement / Lean initiative 3 months ahead of schedule.
- Drove completion of project deliverables for numerous Supplemental Type Certificate projects meeting critical deadlines and achieving customer satisfaction. Facilitated cross functional team meetings and communicated status and risks to senior management.
- Coordinated Tucson Business Aircraft CAD application (i.e. CATIA V5 / Enovia) deployment activities, including: training, hardware and software procurement, and re-engineering of business processes.
- Negotiated IT deadlines and communicated status and risk mitigation to senior management. Executed projects, request for changes/services, sustaining and break-fix activities for Engineering and Flight Test.
- Led team of Systems Analysts and Application Developers to meet engineering CAD related support requirements. Prioritized group work assignments, daily help desk incidents and negotiated time line to meet customer requirements.
- Developed and executed site strategy to consolidate and decommission legacy CAD applications resulting in 25% reduction in software licensing 25%.
GOODRICH CORP (FORMALLY ROHR INCORPORATED), Chula Vista, CA (1990 – 1996)
Senior Design Engineer
- Design and liaison responsibilities of primary and secondary structural components for various commercial aircraft programs.
- Reduced MD90 nacelle door assembly components by 75% utilizing state of the art high speed machining processes.
- Design and liaison support of various engine structures (i.e. Thrust reverser, nacelle) and materials (aluminum honeycomb, carbon epoxy composite).
DOUGLAS AIRCRAFT COMPANY, Long Beach, CA (1988 – 1990)
- Structural design responsibilities for the USAF C-17 cargo aircraft wing box and mating structures.
- Design of wing bulkheads and stringers using CADD and Unigraphics 3D CAD software.
- Liaison engineering support via investigation and disposition of quality issues.
- Completed 40 hour Stress Analysis for Aircraft Engineers course, 1989.
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
Masters Management Information Systems, Friends University, Wichita, KS
Bombardier Learjet Professionals Association – Past positions held: President, Vice President & Treasurer, Event Coordinator
Friends University – MMIS Alumni Class Agent